Date:      Wed, 22 Nov 2006 09:49:21 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        Danovitsch@vitsch.net
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: At91rm9200 how to start with FreeBSD

In message: <200611221504.51893.Danovitsch@vitsch.net>
            "Daan Vreeken [PA4DAN]" <Danovitsch@vitsch.net> writes:
: On Tuesday 21 November 2006 18:37, you wrote:
: > In message: <200611211817.23949.Danovitsch@vitsch.net>
: >
: >             "Daan Vreeken [PA4DAN]" <Danovitsch@vitsch.net> writes:
: > : Apart from that I have another problem with this KB9202B board. I use the
: > : original boot loader that was provided by Kwikbyte and load the kernel
: > : using TFTP. I would really like to keep using TFTP for it's speed, but
: > : for some reason not all kernels I have created are bootable...
: > : I suspect this to be a problem in the boot loader. When I change the
: > : configuration of my kernel (add a device, or remove one) all of a sudden
: > : the kernel won't boot. The boot loader doesn't complain during the
: > : TFTP-transfer, but after typing "e 0x20000000" to execute, the board
: > : hangs without a single letter being output on the serial console.
: > : Has anyone else seen this problem?
: > : Is there a way to fix the TFTP problems I am seeing?
: > : (Or did I really mess up with compiling?)
: >
: > kwikbyte's tftp boot code sucks.  I fixed a lot of bugs with it and
: > you can find the results in bootiic :-)  In fact, I started with
: > kwikbyte's boot loader and have made the original one fit in about ~5k
: > instead of 16k.  I've also added some functionality to it and it takes
: > up 8k or so.
: >
: > Warner
:
: Changing the boot loader indeed solved the problems I was seeing. It's also
: nice to have a progress indicator while downloading and to actually see
: errors when things go wrong :)

Glad to see you are enjoying my handiwork.  I spent a lot of time on
that..

Warner