Date:      Mon, 24 Dec 2001 21:00:37 +0500
From:      "Haikal Saadh" <wyldephyre2@yahoo.com>
To:        <darklogik@pittgoth.com>, "'hiten Pandya'" <hitmaster2k@yahoo.com>
Cc:        <FreeBSD-doc@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   RE: FAQ on Linux to FreeBSD

Has not rc.local been deprecated in favour of an rc.d directory?

In any case, the bsd rc.d is nowhere near as complicated as the sysv
(well, red hat's anyway) rc.d. One script starts and stops any
daemon/service/whatever. NO messy links to a start and stop script
etc...and see there are no runlevels (network services are either
started or are not( multi- and single user mode respectively)). Simple
eh?