Date:      Sat, 15 Sep 2012 10:45:03 +0100
From:      Jamie Paul Griffin <jamie@kode5.net>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   query about portmaster output: "No ORIGIN ..."

Hi

This morning I updated my ports tree using svn. Then used `portmaster -L` to check outdated ports, etc. and there is a message/warning/whatever, from portmaster about linux-f10-alsa-lib-1.0.21_1 - this is the output:

	===>>> linux-f10-alsa-lib-1.0.21_1
        ===>>> No ORIGIN in /var/db/pkg/linux-f10-alsa-lib-1.0.21_1/+CONTENTS

I don't understand what it means exactly and wondered if someone could explain? and perhaps explain the steps needed to fix it?

Best wishes, Jamie

i'm using FreeBSD 9/stable, recently stopped using portsnap and csup in favour of svn for my base sources updates and my ports.