Date:      Wed, 22 Apr 1998 16:43:06 -0700
From:      Dale Phillips <dphi@ix.netcom.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   stuck behind ms-proxy

Hello,

I have been lurking on this group trying to learn for quite sometime.

I am stuck behind a ms-proxy server (ver 2.0) - As the lone Freebsd
user in the entire shop ... How do I get freebsd to connect to the
internet like the ntwk40 I am on now does.

this is what I know.
The ms winsock proxy client shuttles all external IP traffic
to the proxy server invisibly, while using SOCKS requires that the app
support it. (like netscape)

Does anyone know if there is a TCP/IP stack for freebsd that can do
this by itself ?

or do I just have to keep everything at the app level
(i.e. socks enabled telent)

1) I can telnet to port 80 and 1080 on the proxy server. they
both return
Trying 10.1.33.46...
connected to the-proxy.here.com (not the real thing)
Escape character is '~]'.

Any clues would be nice.

thanks
Dale
Dale Phillips		If ignorance is bliss how come
dphi@ix.netcom.com   more people aren't happy?