Date:      Tue, 18 Apr 2000 01:38:05 -0600 (CST)
From:      Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
To:        William Wong <willwong@anime.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: good alternatives to imap-uw

William Wong wrote to freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG:

> Hi,
>
> After reading the recent security vulnerbility in imap-uw, I'm looking for
> alternative imap/pop daemons. Looking through Ports I came up with a list of
> progs that support imap/pop.  If anyone could recommend a particular
> program/package I'd like to hear from you.  I recall a number of people
> recommending the cyrus package.

FWIW, I've been using cyrus in production for months now and have had
nothing but success.  (Mind you, the initial configuration is certainly
more involved than that of "simpler" daemons).  Cyrus supports individual
user quotas, arbitrary mailbox creation, ACLs (great for shared mailboxes
and the like) and a whole slew of other things I haven't found anywhere
else.  It's stable, fast, secure, and is well supported.

--
  Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
  Systems Administrator, Accounts

  SaskNow Technologies     http://www.sasknow.com
  #106-380 3120 8th St E   Saskatoon, SK  S7H 0W2