Date:      Fri, 9 Feb 1996 04:20:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        ache@astral.msk.su
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: cvs commit: src/share/mk bsd.port.mk

 * Any *GET program isn't _only_one_ alternative, i.e.
 * w3c or 'lynx -source' is useful for fetching WWW archives,
 * etc.

Well, Jean-Marc's ftpget (misnomer, I know) can grab stuff using http
as well. :)

 * So, all changes in this area must be as flexible as possible,
 * please keep it in mind. It means that at least that following stuff
 * must be present:
 *
 * ${GET} ${FLAGS1} ${archive} ${FLAGS2}

Ok.  BTW, the above is still really generic enough if you have
multiple distfiles (just a comment, I don't think we should make it
even more complicated)....

Satoshi