Date:      Fri, 14 Dec 2012 16:12:33 +0000 (UTC)
From:      Walter Hurry <walterhurry@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Startup Notification?

I'm running FreeBSD 9.1RC3 with LXDE and OpenBox.

The startup-notification port is installed (it's required by a number of
other ports anyway), but I don't actually see any form of visual
notification when opening GUI applications. For many of these (e.g.
lxterminal, pcmanfm) this doesn't matter, since they appear virtually
instantaneously, but for others (like firefox) the lack is something of a
nuisance.

Am I missing an optional port, or is there a configuration file somewhere
which I need to edit?