Date:      Mon, 20 Jul 1998 07:25:49 -0700
From:      Tim Gerchmez <fewtch@serv.net>
To:        Dennis Favro <scqdaf@globalserve.net>, FreeBSD-Newbies <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD under emulation (on a Mac)

That's a good question.  If it works at all, I think you will find that it
runs faster than Win95.  I just wonder if it will work.  FreeBSD is
EXTREMELY hardware-sensitive and hardware-aware, and probes for PC hardware
directly at every step of the bootup procedure.  If it finds a single thing
it doesn't like, you'll be liable to get a kernel panic and boot failure.
I don't know if it can be emulated or not.  Why not give it a try - it's
free :-)

--
My web site starts at http://www.serv.net/~fewtch/index.html -
lots of goodies for everyone, have a look if you have the time.