Date:      Tue, 13 Aug 2002 14:13:43 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Oliver Braun <obraun@informatik.unibw-muenchen.de>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   ports/41616: New port: devel/drift (A type sensitive preprocessor for Haskell)

>Number:         41616
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       New port: devel/drift (A type sensitive preprocessor for Haskell)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
>Environment:
System: FreeBSD galore.unsane.de 4.6-STABLE FreeBSD 4.6-STABLE #0: Tue Aug 13 10:13:56 CEST 2002 root@galore.unsane.de:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GALORE_OB i386

drift is a type sensitive preprocessor for Haskell, which is included (in a
very old version) in textproc/haxml.

Anyway, the new version of haxml (I am already working on the update with the
developer) does not provide drift anymore.

Drift will be build with lang/nhc98 by default, or with lang/ghc if WITH_GHC
has been defined.

I do not think we need a repo-copy of textproc/haxml for this one.

Regards,
         Olli
>How-To-Repeat:
>Fix:

--- drift begins here ---
# This is a shell archive.  Save it in a file, remove anything before
# this line, and then unpack it by entering "sh file".  Note, it may
# create directories; files and directories will be owned by you and
# have default permissions.
#
# This archive contains:
#
#	drift
#	drift/distinfo
#	drift/Makefile
#	drift/pkg-plist
#	drift/pkg-comment
#	drift/pkg-descr
#
echo c - drift
mkdir -p drift > /dev/null 2>&1
echo x - drift/distinfo
sed 's/^X//' >drift/distinfo << 'END-of-drift/distinfo'
XMD5 (DrIFT-2.0rc3.tar.gz) = 7c30a950145181c6a79d813ce6f5eaad
END-of-drift/distinfo
echo x - drift/Makefile
sed 's/^X//' >drift/Makefile << 'END-of-drift/Makefile'
X# New ports collection makefile for:	drift
X# Date created:				13 August 2002
X# Whom:					Oliver Braun <obraun@informatik.unibw-muenchen.de>
X#
X# $FreeBSD$
XPORTNAME=	drift
XPORTVERSION=	2.0rc3
XCATEGORIES=	devel
XMASTER_SITES=	http://repetae.net/john/computer/haskell/DrIFT/
XDISTNAME=	DrIFT-${PORTVERSION}
XMAINTAINER=	obraun@informatik.unibw-muenchen.de
X.if !defined(WITH_GHC)
XBUILD_DEPENDS=	nhc98:${PORTSDIR}/lang/nhc98
X.else
XBUILD_DEPENDS=	ghc:${PORTSDIR}/lang/ghc
X.endif
XHAS_CONFIGURE=	yes
X.if !defined(WITH_GHC)
XCONFIGURE_ARGS+=	--with-hc=nhc98
X.else
XCONFIGURE_ARGS+=	--with-hc=ghc
X.endif
X.if !defined(WITH_GHC)
Xpre-everything:
X	@${ECHO} ""
X	@${ECHO} " DrIFT will be build with nhc98."
X	@${ECHO} " Define WITH_GHC to build with ghc."
X	@${ECHO} ""
X.endif
X.include <bsd.port.mk>
END-of-drift/Makefile
echo x - drift/pkg-plist
sed 's/^X//' >drift/pkg-plist << 'END-of-drift/pkg-plist'
Xbin/DrIFT
X@unexec install-info --delete %D/info/drift.info %D/info/dir
Xinfo/drift.info
X@exec install-info %D/info/drift.info %D/info/dir
END-of-drift/pkg-plist
echo x - drift/pkg-comment
sed 's/^X//' >drift/pkg-comment << 'END-of-drift/pkg-comment'
XA type sensitive preprocessor for Haskell
END-of-drift/pkg-comment
echo x - drift/pkg-descr
sed 's/^X//' >drift/pkg-descr << 'END-of-drift/pkg-descr'
XDrIFT is a type sensitive preprocessor for Haskell. It extracts type
Xdeclarations and directives from modules. The directives cause rules to be
Xfired on the parsed type declarations, generating new code which is then
Xappended to the bottom of the input file. The rules are expressed as Haskell
Xcode, and it is intended that the user can add new rules as required.
XDrIFT automates instance derivation for classes that aren't supported by the
Xstandard compilers. In addition, instances can be produced in seperate modules
Xto that containing the type declaration. This allows instances to be derived
Xfor a type after the original module has been compiled. As a bonus, simple
Xutility functions can also be produced from a type.
XWWW: http://repetae.net/john/computer/haskell/DrIFT/
X-- Oliver Braun
Xobraun@informatik.unibw-muenchen.de
END-of-drift/pkg-descr