Date:      Thu, 31 May 2012 15:54:44 +0100
From:      Kaya Saman <kayasaman@gmail.com>
To:        phnxcs_rep@lycos.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Hardware compatability question

Hi,

it's not really about the machines but more the hardware.

FreeBSD is quite diverse in what it can run on so best bet check the
HCL's off the www.freebsd.org website as that would give you the best
idea!

Otherwise just install and see what works and doesn't. FreeBSD is
pretty comprehensive of H/W support.

I would say if you were moving away from MS, FreeBSD is a great choice
and probably the best out there providing you don't need something
specific - you will need to get used to the CLI environment but once
that's worked out it's a sinch.

I am now introducing *BSD to my company too and trying to move them
away from Linux which has it's own caveats.

Good luck with the move, I'd love to give you a full-blown sales pitch
but unfortunatley don't have time right now. - though it would be
kinda useless as FreeBSD really sells itself if you know what it can
do for you!

Regards,

Kaya

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 3:23 PM,  <phnxcs_rep@lycos.com> wrote:

> =A0 =A0 Hello,
> =A0 I am moving away from MS products due to security =A0and stability
> =A0 concerns. =A0Below are the machines I use and would like =A0to know w=
hich
> =A0 version of FreeBSD will work best with each. =A0The compu ters are us=
ed
> =A0 at home and away, for e-mail, preparing documents, databases , and
> =A0 spredsheets, as well as, web browsing and some begining programing =
=A0 =A0(Perl, C, HTML, and Assembely I think).