Date:      Mon, 08 Jun 1998 17:21:31 -0500
From:      MP <mlistbsd@icorp.net>
To:        Wm Brian McCane <root@bmccane.maxbaud.net>, isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: apache configuration

At 01:12 PM 6/8/98 -0500, Wm Brian McCane wrote:
>Greetings,
>
>	I have looked at the apache documentation, but I guess I just
>don't see it.  How do I set up apache to have a shared directory
>'/global/cgi-bin' that all of my customers can use, with generic
>functions for counters, etc.  My attempts have only succeeded in disabling
>cgi scripts in '/cgi-bin/' for everyone so far 8).

1.  Put the ScriptAlias directive outside of any <VirtualHost> constraint
so it's global.
2.  Make sure there is no filename conflict - you likely can't have:
     /cgi-bin and /global/cgi-bin coexist in the same configuration without
problems,
    so I'd recommend using a different ScriptAlias such as:
    ScriptAlias	/run/ /global/cgi-bin/
    and tell your users to specify "/run/" as the cgi-bin directory for
global scripts.

Alternatively, you might be able to get away with something like:
    ScriptAlias /global	/global/cgi-bin
then create a subdirectory in global called "cgi-bin" and place your
scripts there, but this is problemmatic, and may not work (haven't tested it).

Hope this helps.