Date:      Thu, 28 Aug 1997 15:56:22 +0800 (CST)
From:      Hoffmann Yen-Wei Liu <ywliu1@tao.sinanet.com.tw>
To:        mnewell@newell.arlington.va.us (Mike Newell)
Cc:        bradley@errigle.gpl.net, langfod@dihelix.com, marcin@v-m.com, freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Real Audio Server under FREEBSD....

> On Wed, 20 Aug 1997, Dermot Bradley wrote:
>
> Can you send details on how you did it?  We tried to set it up on a
> FreeBSD box (2.2.1)  using live feeds and all it did was core.  Several
> Email messages and at least two phone calls to the Progressive "help" line
> yielded dead silence - we could NOT get any response from them at all.  I

I have two boxes, one is Linux and the other one is FreeBSD. In a word,
the live encoder works only for Linux, not FreeBSD.

In July, I contacted 4Front Technology, who wrote the free version of
sound drivers (Voxware) and OSS/FreeBSD , OSS/Linux (the commercial
version of their sound drviers). They confirmed me that was because
Progressive Network compiled the encoder with the old function
calls, which are not compatible anymore. They would contact
PN to persuade them to release a new version. But looks like until
now, PN didn't bother compiling a new version of raencoder.

Yen-Wei Liu