Date:      Sat, 3 Mar 2012 08:42:04 -0800
From:      Freddie Cash <fjwcash@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Cc:        kde@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PORT: multimedia/phonon-xine

On Mar 3, 2012 4:36 AM, "Jerry" <jerry@seibercom.net> wrote:

> Attempting to build the "multimedia/phonon-xine" port produces this
> error message:
>
> ===>  phonon-xine-4.4.4_2 is marked as broken: deprecated upstream;
refuses to build with libxine 1.2.x.
> *** Error code 1
>
> What is the status of getting this port fixed or the recommended
> procedure to circumvent this problem?

Switch to one of the other phonon backends? There's phonon-vlc and
phonon-gstreamer available.

Perhaps you could leave the xine port at pre-1.2.0 and get phonon-xine to
update. Since I'd already switched to the VLC backend in KDE, I just
uninstalled the xine ports

Cheers,
Freddie Cash
fjwcash@gmail.com