Date:      Thu, 21 Jun 2001 15:52:16 -0400
From:      Bill Moran <wmoran@iowna.com>
To:        Alexander Langer <alex@big.endian.de>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PANIC - 4.3-STABLE, suspecting ata controller

Alexander Langer wrote:

> Thus spake Bill Moran (wmoran@iowna.com):
> > So ... I'm looking for any possible help in straightening this out.
> > Advice on how to run gdb more effectively is welcome, as well as anyone
>
> Hi!
>
> In the handbook there is a chapter about how to debug kernels.
>
> If you correctly load the symbols-file (kernel.debug), you should
> be able to "backtrace" and the code resulting the panic occurs
> (usually *g*).

fsck ...
I double-checked some things ...
Aparently I must have re-cvsupped the source since I installed the last
kernel. The debugging kernel I made is a different size from the running
kernel. I guess I'll just have to install this new kernel & wait for it
to crash again.
Grrrr ...

Thanks,
Bill

--
If a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush,
then what can I get for two hands in the bush?