Date:      Wed, 22 Oct 1997 12:16:16 -0400
From:      kwc@world.std.com (Kenneth W Cochran)
To:        freebsd-scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   2.2.2-RELEASE install w/DPT

(copy of msg in freebsd-questions...)
I've done a FTP install of 2.2.2-RELEASE (2.2.5 soon)
on a machine with a DPT SCSI HBA using the boot.flp
from ftp.i-connect.net/crash.  Post-install reboot fails
("Read error").  Looks like the kernel with the dpt0 driver
did *not* copy over.  I have/can get the system up with
a boot & subsequent fixit floppy (the fixit from 2.2.5-RELEASE)
but how can I get that DPT-enabled kernel (containig the dpt0
driver) onto the root of the boot hd?  If I can get someething
there that will allow me to boot without a floppy, then I can
make & install a customized kernel.  Please rsvp via e-mail;
my news server is down.  I'll summarize to relevant newsgroups
if desired.
Many thanks,
Ken Cochran