Date:      Tue, 12 Aug 1997 23:31:47 -0700
From:      Todd Eastman <eastman@inficad.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Adaptec 2940 Ultra SCSI "installation failure"

Hello there,

I am trying to install FreeBSD on a Micron Millenium computer with an
Adaptec 2940 Ultra SCSI controller.  I have copied the boot image to a
1.44Mb disk and boot from the floppy for installation.  The setup lists
this controller (ahc0?) in the PCI listing but does not allow
modification of settings.  During the system autodetection the
installation gives the following messages:

>> wating for scsi "controlers"? to settle

The process then makes 10 attempts to detect the configuration and
fails.  I do then get a VGA screen that lasts for just a few seconds,
and then the system reboots.

If you have any ideas or if you need more detailed information, please
contact me @ eastman@inficad.com

Sincerely,

Todd Eastman
Arizona, USA