Date:      Thu, 10 May 2001 13:06:37 -0500
From:      "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <jeff-ml@mountin.net>
To:        Alban Hertroys <dalroi@wit401310.student.utwente.nl>, Nuno Teixeira <nuno.teixeira@pt-quorum.com>
Cc:        Peter van Dijk <peter@dataloss.net>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Simple question about cvsup: 4.2R -> STABLE

At 08:43 AM 5/10/01 +0200, Alban Hertroys wrote:
>I always put the "make installkernel" right after the "make
>installworld". I had it fail the other way around, once (I don't let
>that happen again).

This is bad advice for the reason that it is much easier to boot with the
old kernel than to back out an entire installworld.  I'd attribute your
failure when doing it the correct way to a number of things, including
pilot error, and not the official procedure.

Jeff Mountin - jeff@mountin.net
Systems/Network Administrator
FreeBSD - the power to serve