Date:      Thu, 16 Dec 2004 09:16:25 -0800
From:      Josef Grosch <jgrosch@MooseRiver.com>
To:        "Manfred N. Riem" <mnriem@earthlink.net>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [BROKEN] bugseeker-1.0.2_2 & bugseeker-demo-1.0.2_1

--VbJkn9YxBvnuCH5J

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 10:10:59AM -0600, Manfred N. Riem wrote:
> Hi there,
>=20
> It seems that the bugseeker port in /usr/port/java is
> broken. Can someone confirm this?
>=20
> Kind regards,
> Manfred N. Riem
> mriem@manorrock.org
> http://www.manorrock.org/

I think Karmira has gone out of business. Their website has gone dark so if
you wished to build this port you will not be able to download the
binaries. It's too bad because it was a nice Java debugger. If you have the
required binaries you may have to rename them in order to get it to
install. I bought a copy from Karmira and they sent me a tarball named
bugseeker2pe-1_0_2.tar.gz. The make file is looking for the file=20
bugseeker2ee-1_0_2.tar.gz.=20

If, in fact, they have gone out of business perhaps they could be persuaded
to open source BugSeeker. It's a nice light weight debugger.

Josef

--=20
Josef Grosch           | Another day closer to a | FreeBSD 5.3
jgrosch@MooseRiver.com |   Micro$oft free world  | Berkeley, Ca.

--VbJkn9YxBvnuCH5J

--VbJkn9YxBvnuCH5J--