Date:      Sat, 29 Jun 2002 09:05:57 +0300
From:      Dmitry Shupilov <root@ns.tb.by>
To:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   IrDA device and Palm

Hello freebsd-stable,

  I'm sure that someone tread this rake. I wont to bind my Palm with
  laptop Compaq Armada M700 (if it does matter) over IrDA port.
  I took the birda-1.00.tar.gz unpack it, install it and try to start
  with the command:

  #irs -c -e -y /dev/ptyqf

  and I got an answer

  Cannot open pty

  There is no any doc in birda-1.00.tar.gz so I thought that I
  shouldn't make any changes in the kernel but I look though the LINT
  and find a string

  pseudo-device   snp     3       #Snoop device - to look at pty/vty/etc..

  I add it to my new kernel, recompile and try to start irs again. No
  success :(.

  Could anybody help me with advice what should one do in this
  situation?
--
Best regards,
 Dmitry                          mailto:root@ns.tb.by