Date:      Mon, 17 Apr 1995 15:40:59 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Chuck Robey <chuckr@Glue.umd.edu>
To:        "Rashid Karimov." <rashid@haven.ios.com>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <terry@cs.weber.edu>, questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: cscope for FreeBSD / or any free version /.

On Mon, 17 Apr 1995, Rashid Karimov. wrote:

> 		Hi there,
>

> > > 	The subject says it all -does any1 here knows about
> > > 	free / shareware version of cscope ?
> > > 	I've heard about .el version for Emacs , but that
> > > 	one is rather limited.
> > > 	I found the cscope be very useful tool for sw developer
> > > 	as well as system admin.. ( that was in my previous incar-
> > > 	nation when I run SCO ).
> >
> > There is a 'c' interpreter program out there.
> > There is also a branch path analysis program written in C++ out
> > there.
> >
> > One note is that the resulting program should allow the use of
> > multiple variable reference files (databases).  This was a recent
> > mod to the USL cscope that increased the utility of the program for
> > tree structured source heirarchies with sources spanning multiple
> > physical directories.
> >
> > 					Terry Lambert
>
> 	Where can I get it ? I mean cscope - interactive browser ?
> 	I now about cflow , lint and other development tools - but I want
> 	_cscope ?
>
> SY
> Rashid

It's not free software, its a product of AT&T, comes (or at least used to
come) with SVR4, as part of the software development pack.  Very neat
stuff, too bad it's not free.

7608 Topton St.             |
New Carrollton, MD 20784    | I run Journey2 (Freebsd 2.0) and n3lxx
(301) 459-2316              | (FreeBSD 1.1.5.1) and am I happy!