Date:      Sat, 17 Jun 2006 20:54:09 +0200
From:      "Daan Vreeken [PA4DAN]" <Danovitsch@vitsch.net>
To:        David Sharp <daimon@dev-random.org>
Cc:        freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: KB9202 booting large kernels

On Saturday 17 June 2006 02:43, David Sharp wrote:
> i have been succesful with smaller nfs-root kernels booting on the
> KB9202.  however, when i try larger MD_ROOT kernels it does not work.  the
> break point is around 2.6MB total kernel size.  as the size approaches
> that number there will be some error messages about elf linker not finding
> a symbol, or no error and just garbage on the console.  after passing the
> 2.6M mark by more than 10kB it silently hangs.
>
> does anyone have an idea what might be going wrong?

I don't have a clue to what is causing it, but I have a KB9202 here since a
couple of weeks, and I have noticed the same problem.
As it was my first experience with FreeBSD on anything not i386 and not Sparc
I assumed I was doing something wrong :)
I boot my board over TFTP, but I have yet to check wether the entire kernel
gets downloaded, or if it's the TFTP client that only reads the first +/- 2.6
MByte.

grtz,
Daan