Date:      Fri, 24 Apr 2020 17:28:27 +0200
From:      Michael Tuexen <tuexen@freebsd.org>
To:        Mark Johnston <markj@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Tom Jones <thj@freebsd.org>, freebsd-transport@freebsd.org, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to enable tcp bbr in FreeBSD???

> On 24. Apr 2020, at 16:23, Mark Johnston <markj@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
>=20
> On Fri, Apr 24, 2020 at 03:15:08PM +0100, Tom Jones wrote:
>> rrs@freebsd.org
>> Bcc:=20
>> Subject: Re: How to enable tcp bbr in FreeBSD???
>>=20
>>=20
>> ... snip ...
>>>=20
>>> Maybe it is not ready for prime time, i do not know why it is not in =
the
>>> default build.
>>> Maybe ask the committer.
>>>=20
>>=20
>> I have added rrs@ in cc and the freebsd-transport list.=20
>>=20
>> Does anyone know if there are plans to enable alternate TCP stacks in
>> generic?=20
>>=20
>> Is there a stability point we need to hit first?
>=20
> There are a couple of open bugs found by syzkaller (complete with
> reproducers) that appeared when I enabled the alternate TCP stacks:
>=20
> =
https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?id=3D986b4cecd84439df9794bda1a45d9cf0f50=
356fe
> =
https://syzkaller.appspot.com/bug?id=3D048f650e99696f881872a285cef0e3b9bd4=
f4e25
>=20
> I'd expect these to be fixed before providing the alternate stacks in
> GENERIC.
We talked about these yesterday in the FreeBSD telco. At least some of =
them are
related to OOB data. The plan is to disable handling of OOB data in the =
alternate
stacks. Will bring up a patch and see if that fixes the issues.

Best regards
Michael