Date:      Fri, 14 Mar 2014 16:42:55 -0300
From:      Luiz Otavio O Souza <lists.br@gmail.com>
To:        Milan Obuch <freebsd-mips@dino.sk>
Cc:        "freebsd-mips@freebsd.org" <freebsd-mips@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Router Station Pro etherswitchcfg problem

On 14 March 2014 10:39, Milan Obus wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Mar 2014 09:28:37 -0300
> Luiz Otavio O Souza wrote:
>
>> Hey Milan,
>>
>> I'll look into this. Just give me a couple of days so i can recycle my
>> RSPRO setup.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Luiz
>>

> I found a workaround (kind of), see below.
>

> [ snip ]
>
> With command 'etherswitchcfg port0 addtag pvid 1', config for port 0
> becomes
>
> port0:
>         pvid: 1
>         flags=5<CPUPORT,ADDTAG>
>         media: Ethernet 1000baseT <full-duplex>
>         status: active
>
> and _all_ frames sent to CPU have dot1q header. This way I can create
> up to 16 vlan groups on etherswitch (and correspondign arge1.n
> subinterfaces) to achieve what I usually want, just one thing seems not
> to be possible this way - hybrid port with both native (untagged) and
> tagged traffic.
>
> In any case, it would be good to have this better documented. I don't
> know if we have any place for this. man page is good, but not
> everything did work for me.
>
> Milan

Yes Milan, that is correct i remember now.

You have to enable the tagging on the CPU port to receive the tagged packets.

What i don't remember is why this switch was coded with the tag/untag
feature per port and not per vlan, but i guess that was because i
don't have the docs for it.

While you can't have the hybrid setup, the trunk setup works fine with FreeBSD.

And, yes, we need to get a better man page. If you have suggestions
you can send it as text diffs to me, otherwise i'll try to get more
working examples when i have some quality time with my RSPRO/RB450G
again.

Thanks,
Luiz