Date:      Tue, 19 Aug 1997 01:07:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        filo@yahoo.com
Cc:        hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: parity errors

 * Yep, the Venus does not work very well with such SIMMs.  You really
 * should use SIMMs based on 64Mb chips.  I've seen this stated in the
 * Venus manual, although it looks like they've recently certified some
 * of the 16Mb based ones.

Oh, manual, huh?  We didn't get any, as these machines were donated --
didn't even know that they were Venus (Venii?) until I opened up the
computer and compared the MB to the picture of it on Intel's web site. ;)

Thanks for the info, I'll see if I can get them replaced.  (Either the
memory or motherboard, I'm really getting tired of all these Venus
crap.)

Satoshi