Date:      Tue, 10 Jan 2006 10:54:25 -0000
From:      Graham Lewis <graham.lewis@spitfire.co.uk>
To:        "'Marc G. Fournier'" <scrappy@hub.org>, freebsd-proliant@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: My new DL360 G4P just arrived ...

Dual core means two processors on one physical chip.

If you have one physical dual-core processor like the Intel Xeon (or AMD
Athlon) in your box it will appear as two CPUs in "systat" for example. If
you have two physical dual-core processors in your DL running "systat" will
show 4 x CPUs.

I think with the DL360 you can have up to two dual core prcoessors - e.g.
two physical Xeon processors.

I think what you have ordered is an single processor dual-core.

http://www.hp.com/sbso/news/feature_dual_core.html?mtxs=land-smb&mtxb=B1&mtx
l=L1