Date:      Sun, 27 Jul 2008 09:47:44 -0000 (GMT)
From:      "DSA - JCR" <juancr@dsa.es>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Root boot/mount Password?
On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 05:31:23PM -0000, DSA - JCR wrote:
>> Hi all
>>
>> FreeBSD 6.2
>>
>> I would like to put a password when booting/mounting mi Freebsd box. is
it possible? How?

>Yes. Use geli(8) encryption.
>
>> is for protecting the system from unauthorized users
>
>Disk encryption also protects your data if the PC or harddrive is stolen.
>Roland

Yes, I had thinking of Geli, but my system is up and running and I don't
know if I can use geli for this without breaking all
I have used geli for unused disks and for swap but not for root, because i
dont know if I will break all....

can I use it for root, when it is a live system?

Of course i don't think in methods like BIOS because simply taking the
battery out can reset all.

Juan Coruņa
Desarrollo de Software Atlantico