Date:      Sat, 29 Sep 2018 00:35:20 +0200
From:      Sid <sid@bsdmail.com>
To:        "Ed Maste" <emaste@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-toolchain@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: elfcopy in src.conf

It's about the src.conf description in 12-current. This isn't urgent and doesn't require a response, but just so those working on 12-current are aware to keep a tab on.

11.2 and 12-current have this
"WITH_BINUTILS
	     Set to build and install binutils (as, ld,	objcopy, and objdump)
	     as	part of	the normal system build."

11.2 has this, but 12-current doesn't
"WITHOUT_ELFCOPY_AS_OBJCOPY"

If elfcopy is doing the job as objcopy in 12-current, then the description for BINUTILS should maybe be without objcopy in src.conf. I'm not sure if also has to do with beyond the manpage description: if BINUTIL's can do without installing objcopy, if elfcopy (as objcopy) is the default. Based your response, maybe it is just a manpage concern.

Thank you for your response.