Date:      Fri, 12 Feb 1999 22:49:23 +0100
From:      "H. Eckert" <ripley@nostromo.in-berlin.de>
To:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -current, dial-on-demand, hang up the phone?

Quoting Gary Jennejohn (garyj@peedub.muc.de):
> Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE writes:
> >Without link1, "ifconfig isp0 up" dials and "ifconfig isp0 down" hangs
> >up, but surely I'm not supposed to do "ifconfig isp0 down; ifconfig
> >isp0 up" for hanging up the phone with dial-on-demand?

This is basically what I do now (with the old bisdn) to hang up and
deny further dial attempts.  As a security measure against huge phone
bills I've set up a cron job that enables the interface at 18:00 and
disables it at 20:00 again.

> use the menu in isdnd. Read the man page.

Is there any method to do this remotely now ?  It would certainly
nice to do something like "isdnctl hangup +10s;logout" ;-)

Greetings,
				Ripley (currently setting up a machine
				 with 3.1-BETA in the office, which is
				 not exactly easy as all mirrors seem to
				 be out of working packages for 3.x at
				 the moment *and* missing the distfiles,
				 too...)
--
H. Eckert, 10777 Berlin, Germany, http://www.in-berlin.de/User/nostromo/
ISO 8859-1: Ä=Ae, Ö=Oe, Ü=Ue, ä=ae, ö=oe, ü=ue, ß=sz.