Date:      Mon, 29 Sep 1997 11:52:51 +0200 (CEST)
From:      MITA Yoshio <Yoshio.Mita@isen.fr>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports/4637: current xfig-3.2 cannot be compiled under XFree86 3.2

>>Compilation stops with errors like: X11/Xpm.h no such file or directory.
>> 	The error is solved by applying this patch
> Yes, it will. Sorry, but the ports collection is tracking 2.2-STABLE
> and -current. You should upgrade your XFree86 installation.

I knew and expected to be suggested as above.

But maybe it is also true that backward compatibility is quite useful
for those who are difficult to synchronize -STABLE or -current for
some reasons i.e. poor network connectivity, only have one main PC, etc.

I also know that now committers are too busy to think about
backword compatibility.  I am sorry for disturbing you for
such a small thing.

I will be greatly appreciated when some committer kindly spend time
to deal with this really simple patch.

Best regards,
---
MITA Yoshio