Date:      Wed, 11 May 2005 16:12:32 +0200
From:      Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Cc:        Guido van Rooij <guido@gvr.org>
Subject:   Re: longshine isdn lcs-8051

On Wednesday 11 May 2005 15:32, Guido van Rooij wrote:
> Is this (Cologne HFC-S PCI A Chipset based) card supported?
> Apparently, this chipset is able to be used in NT (vs TE) mode
> making it suitable for homegrown PBX use. Is this at all supported
> in FreeBSD? (the file layer1/ihfc/i4b_ihfc_drv.c seems to point
> at that direction: the comment just above ihfc_control() says:

There is a combo ISDN/USB-driver for FreeBSD-5/6 available from:

http://home.c2i.net/hselasky/isdn4bsd/privat/temporary/

which supports HFC-S PCI A. NT-mode is supported, but I have only implemented
the NT version of the DSS1 protocol. The driver info document describes
briefly how to use this protocol, and the new ihfc manpage describes how to
build a NT<->TE crossover cable.

If you don't want to run "isdnd", you can set NT-mode, cable-activation and
B-/D-channel protocol from "isdndebug", and access the B-/D-channels directly
through /dev/ihfcX.X.

Yours
--HPS