Date:      Thu, 28 Apr 2022 00:14:15 -0700
From:      Mark Millard <marklmi@yahoo.com>
To:        "freebsd-arm@freebsd.org" <arm@freebsd.org>
Subject:   FYI: RPi* firmware tagged 1.20210727 appears to be the last to be bootable by FreeBSD via fdt use for both RPI3B and RPI4B

I got ahold of the RPi3B and discovered that it was not
bootable via RPi* firmware tagged 1.20210805 . In fact,
it barely produced any output on the serial console
when set up for debug output: 2 lines, so very early
failure. Reverting to the prior tagged release,
1.20210727 , worked for the RPi3B and the RPi4B.

The failure information for firmware with tags after
1.20210805 in the earlier notes to the list still
apply, as does the bootability of the RPi4B for
1.20210805 .

This report is still based on use of my build of U-Boot
2022.04.

This report is still limited by the very limited range
of RPi*'s that I have sometimes access to.

=46rom what I've read, 1.20210727 should handle the new
type of PMIC on the Rev. 1.5 RPi*'s. The firmware is
too old to have:

bcm2710-rpi-zero-2-w.dtb
bcm2710-rpi-zero-2.dtb
bcm2711-rpi-cm4s.dtb