Date:      Tue, 13 Apr 1999 17:59:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      asami@FreeBSD.ORG (Satoshi - Ports Wraith - Asami)
To:        ken@plutotech.com
Cc:        scsi@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: timed out while idle?

 * From: "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>

 * > Wow, 60 seconds?  That's indeed a pretty good lunch. :)
 *
 * Yep.

Do you think it's a bad idea to reduce it to something like 15
seconds?  Not that it matters much but the disk reads pretty much
stall during that time, and if it's not going to catch any false
positives, I'd like them to recover faster.  Is there some way to find
out if there's something that came back after 15 seconds but before
60?

 * I don't think the timeouts in and of themselves will cause panics, unless
 * maybe the drive never recovers.

How do I find out if the drive recovered?

 * I dunno what's going on there.  It could be indirectly caused by the
 * timeout, but I really don't know how that could happen.

Next time I'll try to catch it with a debug kernel.

 * http://www.symbios.com/x3t10/

Great.  Thanks!

Satoshi