Date:      Thu, 5 Jul 2012 19:33:31 +0100
From:      Thomas Sparrevohn <Thomas.Sparrevohn@btinternet.com>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Training wheels for commandline (was Re: Pull in upstream before 9.1 code freeze?)

I am sorry everybody I simply don't get this conversation - Implement it as a
port - add it to bash/zsh/tcsh as an option - feel free - But if objective is
to make a vanilla FreeBSD easier to use - I can think of 10,000 things (give
or take a couple of 1000's) that would be a more wothy target.  But for
everybody's sake don't pollute the base system - before we know it you would
argue that X11/KDE4 should be part of base as well as they make it easier to
use.

Principle has alway been to try things like that out as ports first and when
everybody loves it move it into base (given and take the mandatory wars over
copyright types etc).