Date:      Fri, 6 Feb 1998 19:25:38 +1100 (EST)
From:      John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>
To:        garbanzo@hooked.net (Alex)
Cc:        sysseh@workcover.qld.gov.au, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Elves wanted - apply within

Alex wrote:
> However, I
> think that you can build world with an ELF target to get a fully ELFable
> system, however a few things relying on an a.out kernel will break.

I don't think you can build an ELF system without using John Polstra's
ELF kit. As far as I can see, there are no ELF tools in the tree at
present. These are going to come from binutils.

> Linux: The Microsoft Windows(tm) of the Unix(tm) world.

Sorry Alex, but I still have a problem with you continuing to include
this in your .sig, particularly (1) when it looks like you've said
it as part of the discussion; and (2) when it has been pointed out
to you that some people might take offence.

--
John Birrell - jb@cimlogic.com.au; jb@netbsd.org; jb@freebsd.org
CIMlogic Pty Ltd, GPO Box 117A, Melbourne Vic 3001, Australia +61 418 353 137