Date:      Tue, 11 Dec 2012 15:29:34 +0100
From:      Mathias Picker <Mathias.Picker@virtual-earth.de>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Recommendations for HTPC's?

I'm thinking about this, too, but have not yet bought / tried anything.

But I will try intel ivy bridge graphics, the new kms infrastructure
should enable smooth hd playback with a lot less power then nvidia. The
vaapi driver landet oct 25 in ports:
http://www.freshports.org/multimedia/libva-intel-driver and I would hope
it actually works ;)

I don't need this to be running right away, I could tolereate some
tinkering. If you need rock-solid from the get go, nvidia is probably
the way to go.

Cheers, Mathias