Date:      Tue, 29 Apr 2003 01:02:48 +0200 (MEST)
From:      sm4tnp8@gmx.net
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   O2Micro success

Hello!

I just wanted you to tell that I got the pccard slot in my IPC Highnote S15
to work with 4.8-Release. (There was a similar question a week ago). The
chipset is an O2Micro OZ 6812 and is recognized as:

pcic0: <O2micro 6812/6872 PCI-Cardbus Bridge> irq 11 at device 3.0 on pci0
pcic0: PCI Memory allocated: 0x88000000
pcic0: Polling mode
pcic0: Warning: O2micro OZ68xx chips may not work
pccard0: <PC Card 16-bit bus (classic)> on pcic0

The trick was to set hw.pcic.intr_path="1" in /boot/loader.conf.

The cards works in polled mode (hw.pcic.irq="0"). Setting an irq has no
positive effect. The performance is very bad. With a 3COM 574 card which only
gets about 10 MBit/s (according to netperf) on a 100 MBit/s direct connection to
another 3COM 905, and CPU is nearly on 100%. The built-in LAN (sis) gets 95
MBit/s with very low CPU usage, so I guess it is the polling mode.

The biggest advantage is that I can use my COM1 modem card now, because the
built-in PCTel modem will probably nerver come to work.

Just to let you know
Markus Dolze