Date:      Fri, 19 Nov 2004 19:52:39 +0100 (CET)
To:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   bsdlabel and sparc

Hi all,

I'm a bit in the dark how to use the bsdlabel facility on FBSD-5.3-STABLE.
I'm supposed to give an architecture flag but it doesn't support sparc64.
What's going wrong (or better yet: what am I doing wrong ?)
The system is an Ultra-10.

bavke# bsdlabel -e /dev/ad0
bsdlabel: a -m <architecture> option must be specified

bavke# bsdlabel -e -m sparc64 /dev/ad0
bsdlabel: Unsupported architecture

bavke# bsdlabel -e -m i386 /dev/ad0
bsdlabel: /dev/ad0: no valid label found

bavke# mount
/dev/ad0a on / (ufs, local)
devfs on /dev (devfs, local)
/dev/ad1e on /tmp (ufs, local, soft-updates)
/dev/ad1f on /usr (ufs, local, soft-updates)
/dev/ad1d on /var (ufs, local, soft-updates)

Rob Evers