Date:      Fri, 16 Nov 2012 18:35:17 -0700 (MST)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Mark Saad <nonesuch@longcount.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Using PC-Sysinstall for automated network installs of FreeBSD

On Fri, 16 Nov 2012, Mark Saad wrote:

> Useful paths on /export, /export/install/freebsd/9.1/{i386,amd64}
> this is the contents of the install media rsync'd to a local filesystem

Do you have a way to choose either i386 or amd64 installs?

> 5 I changed my rc.conf to start a simple shell script and not the
> bsdinstall bits

Maybe you mean "/etc/rc.local" there?

> export TERM=vt220
>
> echo "o  PC-SYSINSTALL "
> exec /conf/picker.sh

Trying to start this from SYSLINUX almost works.  My menu config just
does

   menu label FreeBSD 9 Install
   pxe {serverip}:/usr/tftpboot/images/fbsd9ins/boot/pxeboot

The kernel boots, it gets to

   Trying to mount root from nfs: []...
   NFS ROOT: {serverip}:/usr/tftpboot/images/fbsd9ins

and then it stops and just sits.  NFS mount of that directory works on
another system.  Anything obvious I should check?  I know pxeboot needs
to be recompiled for some things, but can't recall the details.