Date:      Thu, 05 Apr 2012 21:43:38 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To:        bsd <bsd@todoo.biz>
Cc:        Liste FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Problem installing bind in jail

--------------enig775B63F63B07C99D200E300C

On 05/04/2012 18:24, bsd wrote:
> I have decided to recompile bind in the latest version and I am
> running into a problem which is caused by bind port not following the
> FreeBSD requisites and trying to install things in /usr/include/isc

What on earth gives you the idea that dns/bind98 doesn't conform to
hier(7)?  The bind ports are all installing stuff correctly: the only
files that get installed in an 'isc' or 'isccc' sub-directory are
c-language header files.  That's perfectly legal according to the rules.
 No problem there.

I suggest turning off the REPLACE_BASE option in the port.  You really
don't need it -- install as normal under /usr/local (which I guess
should fix the writablity problems).  Then all you need to enable the
ports version of named is to put the following in /etc/rc.conf:

  named_enable=3D"YES"
  named_program=3D"/usr/local/sbin/named"

That's it.  You can now start up the ports version of named by:

  /etc/rc.d/named start

The bind port creates symlinks for named.conf, rndc.conf and rndc.key in
/usr/local/etc so you can control the ports version of bind in the usual
way using rndc(8).  (Well, assuming you've set up /etc/namedb/named.conf
properly.)

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20