Date:      Sat, 25 Feb 1995 20:37:11 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@trout.sri.MT.net>
To:        John Beukema <jbeukema@hk.super.net>, Terry Lambert <terry@cs.weber.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Binary compatibility with NetBSD

> On Sat, 25 Feb 1995, Terry Lambert wrote:
> >
> > To not maintain binary compatability *including* shared images would
> > be folly.
> >

> Bravo! I agree completely.  We do not need one more fragmented,
> incompatible flavour.

I'm certain that Jordan would be willing to let you do all the work
required to keep the differnt OS's libraries in sync with the FreeBSD
versions.  I suspect it would only amount to 4-6 hours/day on the avg.
guaranteeing there are no inconsitancies and making sure the changes
made don't break anything.

Those who 'agree' must also be willing to put in the time necessary to
make those agreements happen.

Nate