Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 2000 22:26:50 -0400
From:      "Toma Vailikit" <toma@nutz.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Updating /usr/ports

I just got the 4.4 CDs and installed it. I'm brand spankin new to FreeBSD,
but have liked what I have seen so far. The only real complaint I have is
installing from /usr/ports. When things get updated it breaks on the
install. How do I update the /usr/ports structure so things don't break
during the file gets and installs because my side is looking for "older"
versions which don't exist on remote systems anymore?