Date:      Tue, 16 May 2000 15:34:53 +1000
From:      "Doug Young" <dougy@bryden.apana.org.au>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   dialin server using either user-ppp or kernel ppp

Can anyone suggest a place I could find an explicit explanation of how to
setup a dialin server ?? .... I've already spent a day on the regular docs
without getting anywhere, there's just not enough info there to be of any
use, and I figure there must be a more verbose version of how to do it
somewhere.

I have the feeling the modem might not be setup correctly, possibly its just
not suitable for auto-answer, I know the majority of Netcomm ones are near
impossible to configure for auto-answer mode and maybe this one is acting
the same. The box is a long way from here, so the only way I can alter modem
settings is by telnetting to the machine & using minicom.