Date:      Wed, 26 Dec 2001 11:24:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
To:        "Kristian K. Nielsen" <jkkn@jkkn.dk>, <bradym@mail.hydrologue.com>, <peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au>, <davidc@acns.ab.ca>, <rnyberg@it.su.se>, <david@catwhisker.org>, <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 4.4-STABLE crashes - suspects new ata-driver over wd-drivers

    Well, I'm close to being stuck folks.  I've looked at 5 of Brady's
    core dumps and one of Nils and it appears to be semi-random
    corruption of structures that simply cannot be otherwise corrupted
    in the way they are being corrupted.  The only common thread here is
    that Brady and Nils and most of the other people reporting
    these crashes have heavy IDE workloads.  They also both have
    VIA chipsets (different versions though).

    So, general question to everyone having crashes during heavy
    IDE workloads:  Please post your /var/run/dmesg.boot
    output.

						-Matt