Date:      Mon, 8 May 2006 17:21:47 -0400
From:      John Nielsen <lists@jnielsen.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Requiring Manual FSCK -y

On Monday 08 May 2006 17:19, Wil Hatfield wrote:
> It seems that my FBSD 6.1 machines are requiring a shell and manual fsck -y
> after a kernel panic and dump.  Is there any way to automate this so that I
> don't have to get the guys at the datacenter to do it for me?

%grep fsck /etc/defaults/rc.conf
fsck_y_enable="NO"      # Set to YES to do fsck -y if the initial preen fails.
background_fsck="YES"   # Attempt to run fsck in the background where
possible.
background_fsck_delay="60" # Time to wait (seconds) before starting the fsck.

The first one is the one you want.  See also the rc.conf(5) manpage.

JN