Date:      Fri, 06 Feb 2015 17:09:38 -0500
From:      Michael Butler <imb@protected-networks.net>
To:        "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>,  FreeBSD CURRENT <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: r278328: fails to build kernel due to /usr/src/sys/kern/subr_bus.c: undefined reference to `memchr'

--t2Aehhc4ptI2qBSt5CKIrc5DHjRMAgx61

On 02/06/15 15:06, O. Hartmann wrote:
> Recent sources seem to fail in buildkernel with
>=20
> [...]
> --- kernel ---
> linking kernel
> subr_bus.o: In function `devctl2_ioctl':
> /usr/src/sys/kern/subr_bus.c:(.text+0x6284): undefined reference to `me=
mchr'
> *** [kernel] Error code 1

It seems that this function in libkern was conditionally compiled. You
might try this:

*** sys/conf/files~     Sat Jan 31 10:44:44 2015
--- sys/conf/files      Fri Feb  6 17:05:37 2015
***************
*** 3193,3199 ****
  libkern/murmur3_32.c          standard
  libkern/mcount.c              optional profiling-routine
  libkern/memcchr.c             standard
! libkern/memchr.c              optional fdt | gdb
  libkern/memcmp.c              standard
  libkern/memmem.c              optional gdb
  libkern/qsort.c                       standard
--- 3193,3199 ----
  libkern/murmur3_32.c          standard
  libkern/mcount.c              optional profiling-routine
  libkern/memcchr.c             standard
! libkern/memchr.c              standard