Date:      Sat, 8 Jul 95 12:00:46 WET
From:      Peter May <peter@osix.oz.au@osix.osix.oz.au>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: token ring anyone (fwd)

Imperial Irrigation District spoke thus:

> Yes. I am very interest to have token-ring on FreeBSD machine in my office.
> My company have two token ring networks and three ethernet networks I have
> access to it.
> I would like to connet my FreeBSD to a token ring as a file server.

Interesting. We have several machines here which are token ring only, DEC
433-Workstation machines. They have an onboard Olicom token ring chipset,
an Adaptec AIC6360 controller, and an APPIAN TIGA display. In all, quite nice
machines for workstations.

They run that horrible 16 bit offshoot of CP/M-80 at the moment. But if we
could get the Olicom's running under FreeBSD ....

OK, If anyone knows where to get the specs for the Olicom's I'll have a look
at it. We have the 802.2 layer already so it's a matter of making 802.5 work
properly - unfortunately not as simple as 802.3 or std. ethernet. Sigh....

Anyone got any ideas?

Regards,

Peter May                           OSIX Pty Ltd
Director                            Level 1, 261-263 Pacific Highway
Technical Services                  North Sydney. NSW. Australia. 2060.

Home: +61-2-418-7656                Internet: peter@osix.oz.au
Work: +61-2-922-3999                Fax:  +61-2-922-3314