Date:      Mon, 16 Jan 2006 21:38:48 -0500
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 80 pin SCSI hard drives.

There are called sca or single connect if I'm not wrong...

Most high end servers (sun, hps, ibm, compaq, etc used those)

They are basically 68 pins drive (can be U80, U160 or U320) so you
just need a regular se scsi adapter for them.

The only difference is that the power is coming though the connector,
scsi ids are also set by the backplane instead of jumpers at the back
of the drive...

If you don't plan to put them on a server that has those backplane,
you can buy a converter from 68 pins to 80 like this one for example:
http://cgi.ebay.com/INTERNAL-SCSI-3-SCA80-pin-to-SCSI-2-IDC50M_W0QQitemZ5853652732QQcategoryZ41993QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/SCA-adapter-80-pin-to-SCSI-I-II-III-68-or-50-Converter_W0QQitemZ8750421043QQcategoryZ11160QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/414-SCSI-Adapter-SCA-80-to-68-to-50-PIN-GIFT_W0QQitemZ8751171361QQcategoryZ167QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There is a bunch on ebay, just seach for "sca 80"

it may be hard to fit in your case, just make sure it fits :)