Date:      Thu, 30 Dec 2004 11:53:16 +1030
From:      Greg 'groggy' Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Michael Collette <Michael.Collette@testequity.com>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dual monitor setup

--HTLCc13+3hfAZ6SL

On Wednesday, 29 December 2004 at 13:17:26 -0800, Michael Collette wrote:
> Running up a brand new IBM T42 (2373-CXU) laptop here, that FreeBSD seems to
> love being on.  Can't say enough about how far things have come since the
> first time I tried FreeBSD on a laptop.  Wow!
>
> Anyway, down to my last configuration battle.  I'm trying to get a dual
> monitor setup going with this box using the built in monitor to sit along
> side an external monitor.  I've got this working great on a desktop machine,
> and I tried it out on this laptop with Windows... just before deleting it
> entirely off this hard drive.
>
> I found a couple of references out on the net covering this subject, but most
> all of them were using the Linux ATI drivers.  Tried working with what came
> with xorg's drivers, but all I could seem to get was fuzziness on the
> external monitor.  Never got close to having X recognize both displays as a
> single desktop.
>
> Wondering if anyone out there has had any luck with this?  If so, could you
> post your XF86Config?

Take a look at http://www.lemis.com/grog/hardware.html, which is a
little out of date.  Probably, though, this won't help you much.  If
you've got as far as you have and it's not looking right, it'll be a
more subtle problem.  Basically, X -configure should work.

Greg

--HTLCc13+3hfAZ6SL

--HTLCc13+3hfAZ6SL--