Date:      Tue, 2 Jun 1998 01:58:03 -0700 (PDT)
From:      D Boss <dnewsdef@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Running X on Compaq Contura

I tried to use X free V 332 on FreeBSD 2.2.6 on my Compaq Contura 430
C laptop. The SuperProbe said the graphic controller is WD90C24. It
runs fine in fully graphical setup mode (AFAIK using VGA16 server).
After all has been configured, using SVGA server with 8 bpp and 640 x
480, when startx being run, the screen went blank and then saying that
no video mode (640 x 480) found. Server killed. I use standard VGA
monitor in the setting which I think should be just fine.
Please mail me directly since I'm not in the mailing- list.
Thank you.