Date:      Wed, 19 Jul 2000 15:28:15 +0200
From:      Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr
To:        bernhard.valenti@liwest.at
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sblive driver/speakfrealy broken

Hello,

I have tried to use the sepakfreely port and I've seen that it is only compatible
with "OSS" soud driver of the 3.x branch : the pcm driver of 3.x or the
"newpcm" driver of 4.x seem to be missing one ioctl (which nobody
seems interested in adding to the native pcm driver)

     TfH

BtW : speakfreely should be marked as "FORBIDDEN" on the 4.x branch (as
long as the sound driver has not been upgraded)

(note to the porters : I **know** that FreeBSD is mainly a user-supported
OS and that resources are scarce, so we have to live with such inconveniencies)

bernhard.valenti@liwest.at on 19/07/2000 13:52:19